Friday, August 28, 2009

Chemistry Class Week Two

Wow! I'm at the end of my second week of school, and it's going so slowly! In chemistry class, I have learned so much! We're starting to learn about matter. We did a lab where we tried to guess the weight of an object and measured it. I was way off! That was also pretty disastrous, since some of my lab buddies dropped the glass test tube. It created quite a mess... Another lab we did was turning an ordinary penny into a silver penny, then to a gold penny. That was pretty fun, because we got to use fire and burn the silver penny and turn it gold. I really love safely playing with fire. Another crazy thing in chemistry class is that our class is now split up into groups called metals and nonmetals. For some reason, and this was a "random" pick, all the guys are on one side (so I'm a metal), and the girls are on the other. What a coincidence ehh?

Oh, I have to add, I have been keeping up to my goals! On Monday and Tuesday, I cooked up some quesadillas for breakfast and for my swim buddies after practice. I also should tell you about this test set we all did. I didn't do too well, but our set was to swim twelve 100s on the minute forty, and get our best, worst, and average. My best was a 1:13, my worst being a 1:15 (which I only got once by the way), and my average was 1:14. It's a start, but I seriously wish I went faster!

Well, that was sorta my week. Wait up for next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment